Pork King is a leading sausage producer in the Northeast and their Pork King Hot Italian Sausage is top rate!
The two most common varieties marketed in US grocery stores as “Italian Sausage” are hot and sweet (or, depending on what region of the US, mild,). The main difference between hot and sweet (mild) is the addition of hot red pepper flakes in the spice mix of the former.
Here’s a great Hot Italian Sausage recipe if you want to try making your own:
- pound coarsely ground pork shoulder, not too lean
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Put the pork in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix well to distribute the seasoning evenly throughout the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days, or freeze for future use.
Grab a 5 pound box of this great Pork King Hot Italian sausage today!!
Pork King: Hot Italian Sausage 5 lb.