Pork King Sweet Italian Sausage
Pork King is one of the top sausage production facilities in the Northeast and their Pork King Sweet Italian Sausage is top rate….try a box today!
The two most common varieties marketed in US grocery stores as “Italian Sausage” are hot and sweet (or, depending on what region of the US, mild,). The main difference between hot and sweet (mild) is the addition of hot red pepper flakes in the spice mix of the former.
Italian sausage most often refers to a style of pork sausage noted for being seasoned with fennel and/or anise as the primary seasoning. In Italy, however, a wide variety of sausages are made, many of which are quite different from the product commonly known as ‘Italian sausage’ in the United States.
Here’s a great Sweet Italian Sausage recipe from the Food Network
- lb penne pasta
- 1lb broccoli floret (I use frozen)
- 8ounces Italian sausage, cut in bite-size chunks (sweet & mild)
- 2tablespoons garlic, minced (you can use less if you want)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Boil the water and cook the penne according to package directions. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make your sauce slide off the pasta later.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil (medium-high heat) in a large skillet and saute the broccoli, sausage and garlic until tender and starting to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the butter, hot pasta, sausage mixture and romano cheese together and serve. Pass the grated cheese at the table.
Grab a 5 pound box of this great Pork King sweet Italian sausage for your barbecue today!!
Pork King Sweet Italian Sausage 5 lb.
There are no reviews yet.