Chef’s Quality carries a great line of food products and especially in regard to spices and seasonings. Used by many restaurants across the country, Chef’s Quality brand seasoning can help transform your culinary creations into a piece of fine artwork!
This coconut flake product is great for cooking, baking or as a topping for desserts.
Coconut Flakes are packed full of flavor and make a healthy snack. Due to the size of these flakes, they are lovely when used to decorate cakes and pies. Use them in granola, trail mixes, or just to munch on. They’re sweetened!
Coconut Macaroon Recipe using sweetened coconut flakes:
- Butter and flour for preparing baking sheet and foil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F. Butter a baking sheet, then line with foil and lightly butter and flour foil, knocking off excess flour.
- Stir together egg white, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and a pinch of salt until combined, then stir in coconut. Divide coconut mixture into fourths, then drop in 4 mounds (about 2 inches apart) onto baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are pale golden in spots, 15 to 20 minutes, then carefully lift foil with cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes. Peel macaroons from foil.
Chef’s Quality: Coconut Flakes 10 lb.