Chefs Quality is a brand used by many different types of restaurants and food service facilities across the US. Most of the items are bulk size and discounted relative to the price paid in a normal supermarket. Definitely a great substitute for many “name” brand items….like the Chef’s Quality Arrowroot!
- An easily digested starch
- Natural thickener used in place of cornstarch in soups, sauces, and puddings
- Arrowroot is made from the dried root of a tropical plant.
- It is a thickening agent that may be used in place of cornstarch.
- As a thickener, it can be used for soups, sauces and puddings. It has no flavor of its own and is the easiest starch to digest.
- Arrowroot is best used at the end of your cooking just before boiling, as continued heating will cause it to lose its thickening ability.
- It is also an excellent ingredient for gluten-free baking or breading.
Chef’s Quality Arrowroot 20 oz